Presented by: Jennifer Hofmann, M.Ed
Have you just been thrown into synchronous training and need to get the basics under your belt?
Then the Synchronous Trainer’s Survival School is for you.
This program will put you on the fast track towards creating and delivering successful learning events right out of the gate!
This session will cover:
Survival School 1 -Tips for Teaching Synchronously
This session explores how the roles of trainers have changed with the introduction of learning technologies. Tips and techniques for teaching synchronously are discussed and guidance is provided on how to be a facilitator in this medium.
During this session, participants will:
• Identify key techniques for engaging
participants without the benefit of eye
contact and body language.
• Investigate questioning techniques
appropriate for the virtual classroom.
• Experiment with synchronized web browsing to create engagement both independently and collaboratively, while appealing to auditive,
kinesthetic, and visual learners.
Survival School 2 -Creating Collaborative Synchronous Exercises
This session discusses and explores the concerns that many online Facilitators have: how to keep participants engaged and active in the online environment so that the learning outcome is of the same quality as a classroom-based delivery. The session focuses on what the instructional designer can do via the design process in order to alleviate the Facilitator’s concerns and provide a quality learning experience for the participants.
The design concepts addressed in this session include:
• Interaction vs. collaboration
• Concurrent and serial collaboration
• Uses for interaction vs. collaboration
• Best practices for online collaboration and its design
Visit Jennifer's page on the website
A link will be provided by October 31st to all paid participants.