ATD Midlands SIG: Instructional
Design and Technologies
The purpose of the ATD Midlands Special Interest Group (SIG) is to provide a community of collaboration around technology and resources as it relates to learning and development. The Midlands SIG is designed to extend ATD Midlands training and development to professionals in the Columbia area with a focus on instructional design and technologies. (Meeting schedule and registration information)
The Midlands SIG is a resource for all ATD Midlands members. The SIG provides members with hands-on instructional design training and access to training resources. The SIG also provides an opportunity for members to network and share training tools, resources and best practices with other working professionals.
What is the SIG?
The Special Interest Group (SIG) is a community of learners within the larger ATD Midlands organization with a shared interest in advancing knowledge and learning in instructional design and technologies.
Midlands SIG Strategy
Our strategy is to strengthen awareness of technology tools and resources available by:
Exploring existing and new technology that can be applied to learning environments
Building a community of collaboration with members of similar interests
Creating an informal learning environment for those who wish to grow in their skill set
- Bi-monthly following the chapter meetings.
Each meeting is lead by a collaborative leader.
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) – We strongly encourage you to bring your laptop, tablet or mobile device to actively participate in using the tools we are focusing on. If not able, we seek pairing.
Skill Level – Sessions are gauged toward skill level.
Registration is required to track activity, interests and resources needs.
2019 SIG Meeting Schedule:
- January 18: "Infosec & Privacy for Trainers in 2019"
- February 15: Article on Industry Topic
- March 15: "How to Add Game Effects in Articulate Storyline"
- April 19: Article on Gamification
- May 17: Gamification Certification Workshop
- June 21: STEW-pendous Storyboarding for E-Learning
- July 19: Article on Industry Topic
- August 16: No meeting
- September: ATD Midlands Annual Conference; No SIG meeting
- October 18: Action Mapping for Performance Driven Learning
- November 1: No meeting; Online feedback survey - success sharing, planning for 2020
- December 20: ATD Midlands Holiday Networking Meeting. No SIG meeting