ATD SOUTH CAROLINA SIG
Instructional Design and Technologies
The purpose of the ATD South Carolina Special Interest Group (SIG) is to provide a community of
collaboration around technology and resources as it relates to learning and development. The SIG is designed to extend ATD South Carolina training and development to professionals across South Carolina with a focus on instructional design and technologies. (Meeting schedule and registration information)
The Technology SIG is a resource for all ATD South Carolina members. The SIG provides members with hands-on instructional design training and access to training resources. The SIG also provides an opportunity for members to network and share training tools,
resources and best practices with other working professionals.
What is the SIG?
The Special Interest Group (SIG) is a community of learners within the larger ATD South Carolina organization with a shared interest in advancing knowledge and learning in instructional design and technologies. This technology SIG is a member benefit to all members of the ATD South Carolina chapter.
Midlands SIG Strategy
Our strategy is to strengthen awareness of technology tools and resources available by:
Exploring existing and new technology that can be applied to learning environments
Building a community of collaboration with members of similar interests
Creating an informal learning environment for those who wish to grow in their skill set
- 6 times annually either in-person or via webinar. Members with the highest attendance will be entered in a drawing to win a prize in December.
Each meeting is lead by a collaborative leader.
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) – We strongly encourage you to bring your laptop, tablet or mobile device to actively participate in using the tools we are focusing on.
Skill Level – Sessions are gauged toward skill level.
Registration is required to track activity, interests and resources needed.
2021 SIG Meeting Schedule:
- January: Chapter Open House
- February 18: Virtual Event - I Have a Problem! Can you help me? @ 11 a.m. - REGISTER
- March: Article on Industry Topic
- April 8: Virtual Event - @11 a.m.
- May 20: Virtual Event - 11 a.m.
- June 19: SIG and ATD Monthly Learning Event Collaboration
- July: Article on Industry Topic
- August 19: Virtual Event
- September: ATD South Carolina Annual Conference; No SIG meeting
- October 21: Virtual Event
- November: No meeting; Online feedback survey - success sharing, planning for 2022
- December: ATD Midlands Holiday Networking. No SIG meeting