ATD MIDLANDS SIG
Instructional Design and Technologies
The purpose of the ATD Midlands Special Interest Group (SIG) is to provide a community of collaboration around technology and resources as it relates to learning and development. The Midlands SIG is designed
to extend ATD Midlands training and development to professionals in
the Columbia area with a focus on instructional design and technologies. (Meeting schedule and registration information)
The Midlands SIG is a resource for all ATD Midlands members. The SIG provides members with hands-on instructional design training and
access to training resources. The SIG also provides an opportunity for members to network and share training tools, resources and best practices with other working professionals.
What is the SIG?
The Special Interest Group (SIG) is a community of learners within the larger ATD Midlands organization with a shared interest in advancing knowledge and learning in instructional design and technologies.
Midlands SIG Strategy
Our strategy is to strengthen awareness of technology tools and resources available by:
Exploring existing and new technology that can be applied to learning environments
Building a community of collaboration with members of similar interests
Creating an informal learning environment for those who wish to grow in their skill set
- 6 times annually either in-person or via webinar. Members with the highest attendance will be entered in a drawing to win a prize in December.
Each meeting is lead by a collaborative leader.
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) – We strongly encourage you to bring your laptop, tablet or mobile device to actively participate in using the tools we are focusing on.
Skill Level – Sessions are gauged toward skill level.
Registration is required to track activity, interests and resources needed.
2020 SIG Meeting Schedule:
- January 17: ATD Chapter Open House REGISTER
- February 18: Webinar - "Top 5 PowerPoint Tips for Engaging Your Audience" - Mike Parkinson REGISTER
- March: Article on Industry Topic
- April 24: In-person
- May: Webinar
- June 19: SIG and ATD Monthly Learning Event Collaboration
- July: Article on Industry Topic
- August 21: In-person
- September 18: ATD Midlands Annual Conference; No SIG meeting
- October 16: In-person
- November: No meeting; Online feedback survey - success sharing, planning for 2021
- December: ATD Midlands Holiday Networking. No SIG meeting